We are structured as a multi-dimensional legal services organisation with broad sectors specialties.
Banking & Finance
We are specialist in this practice area and our services include:
- Bank Registration & Licensing
- Loans Documentations
- Syndicated Loans
- Bank Securities
- Banker/Customer Relationship
- Debt Recovery, Factoring & Restructuring
- Banking Regulations
- Assets Financing, Securitization/Realization
- Receiverships, Insolvency & Bankruptcy Practice
- Equipment Leasing
- Real Estate Finance
- Emerging Markets & Derivatives
Significant work in this area involving our managing partner include the registration and licensing of a Bank, over a decade of legal advisory services on all aspects of banking law as chief corporate counsel. As debt recovery agents to banks and financial institutions, we have consistently recovered outstanding loans owed and helped to restructure loan transactions.
Our project finance practice covers a broad spectrum of industries including:
- Airlines & Aircrafts
- Beverages & Breweries
- Constructions & Building materials
- Energy & Utilities
- Financial institutions
- Hotels & Restaurants
- Oil & Gas
- Real Estate
- Transportation Infrastructures & Equipment (e.g. vessels)
- Media, Advertising & Equipment
We have relevant experience in project finance having been involved in multi-million dollars financing of a bank, aircrafts, oil palm plantation and milling projects amongst others.
Corporate & Commercial
Our competences in this aspect of our practice include:
- Company incorporation/business registrations, work permits, Expatriate quotas.
- Full Company secretarial services and Outsourcing for companies and their subsidiaries.
- Corporate Governance issues
- Business Combinations, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Equity Capital Markets- Public Quotations & Private Equity (Placements)
- Due Diligence investigations
- Joint Ventures
AA is a Securities & Exchange Commission registered capital market operator under the “solicitors” category. Our Attorneys have handled various capital market transactions including conversion of a private limited liability company to a public company, Initial Public Offer, Public Offers and hybrid offers valued in excess of 100 million USD. Our exposure in this practice area is vast and we bring this to positively bear on the businesses of our clients.
Energy/Power, Hydrocarbon Resources & Environment
The expertise which we offer our local and foreign clients in this area cover:
- Licence & Permits
- Negotiations & Drafting of Agreements
- Compliance Procedures
- Oil Acreage Bid Documentation
- Community Relations
- Environmental Protection
- Claims Management
- Liability Reviews/ Structuring
- Environmental Auditing
We have a vibrant real estate practice which is supported by years of experience in real estate due diligence, conveyancing, commercial/private property development and mortgage financing. Our clear understanding of the various regulatory regimes and frameworks make for efficiency in our service delivery. We offer our clients legal advisory services in the following areas:
- Property investments
- Conveyancing & Perfections
- Constructions & Development Agreements
- Investment Funds & structures
- Joint Ventures
- Recovery of Premises
Our Attorneys have handled various bids, negotiation and documentation of large ticket real estate acquisitions within and outside our jurisdiction valued in excess of 10 million USD.
Telecommunications, Media & Technology
Employment, Employee Benefits & Pensions
We offer legal advisory services and representation in the following areas in our labour law practice:
- Executive compensation & Employee benefits
- Equity incentives
- Negotiations & Resolution of Industrial Disputes
- Negotiations & Drafting of Collective Agreements
AA offers advisory services to local and foreign clients on business entry requirements in Nigeria and the Gulf of Guinea. Our services cover advice in the following areas:
- Compliance Procedures & practice
- Immigration & Expatriate quotas
- Licenses and Permits
- Products Registration
- Relations with Government agencies including Corporate Affairs Commission, Securities & Exchange Commission, Nigeria Stock Exchange, Central Bank of Nigeria, Standard Organisation of Nigeria, Department of Petroleum Resources, Environmental Protection Agency, National Investment Promotion Commission and Stamp Duties
AA’s IP practice covers all aspects of Intellectual property comprising:
- Renewals, Change of Names & Addresses
- Objections/Third Party Actions
- Anti-Counterfeiting/ IP litigations
Transport: Aviation, Shipping & Admiralty
We advise on:
- Ship & Aircraft Finance
- Registration & Compliance in Nigeria & West Africa.
Our Attorneys have relevant experience in the conduct of due diligence investigations for Aircrafts & Vessels financing deals inter alia.
We advise and guide our clients on the most tax efficient structures to accomplish their business objectives and goals. Our services in this area extend to Corporate, Commercial and Private Clients.
Our dispute resolution practice covers the following:
- Administrative & Public law litigations
- Corporate & Commercial litigations
- Arbitration & Other ADRs
- Energy & Project
In addition to the foregoing handled by our experienced in- house litigators, we also out source and manage specialised litigations on behalf of our clients. We maintain a data base of the finest litigators in various practice areas with whom we work with to ensure the best possible service quality for our clients.