Eze Okorocha Esq.
t: +234 803 787 0631, +234 808 200 0111
Eze is an honours graduate of law (LL.B) and was called to the Nigerian Bar in 1988. He also holds a masters degree in Law (LL.M) as well as a masters in Business Administration (MBA).
Eze commenced his legal career as a general litigator. His interest in business law led him to take up employment as corporate counsel in a publicly quoted Nigerian bank in 1993 where he gained hands-on experience and broad sectors specialties in business law. He rose to the position of Chief Corporate/Compliance Officer of the bank from where he resigned to found the law firm of Associated Attorneys (AA).(AA).Attorneys.
Eze is passionate about business law generally and counsels local and international clients on various aspects of Nigerian corporate law including regulatory and compliance, banking & finance, assets & projects finance and capital markets inter alia. He also practices natural resources & energy law comprising Oil & Gas, Mining and Electric energy law. His skills have been continually honed by numerous local and international continued legal education programs, courses and conferences.
- He led and coordinated the conversion of a Nigerian bank from a private limited liability company to a public limited liability company with assets in excess of hundreds of Billion Naira under management.
- He led and coordinated a Nigerian bank’s initial public offer (IPO) and quotation on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE).
- He led and supervised the bank’s subsequent hybrid rights issue/public offer which raised needed capital for the entity.
- He negotiated & successfully consummated the acquisition of a mortgage bank subsidiary for a money deposit financial institution.
- He negotiated with the government of one of the states in Eastern Nigeria for the privatization of a multi-million Dollar state owned palm oil plantation/Milling project. Also secured a 25 –year management deal for the Investors in the project.
- He recovered over 100 million dollars (USD) classified risk assets as Head of Loan recovery/Remedial Division of a Nigerian Money Deposit financial institution.
- He negotiated and worked with Bureau of Public Enterprises on the resolution of the problematic privatization of one of Nigeria’s oldest Newspaper stable: DTN Plc.as counsel to the financiers of the core investor.
- He advised and packaged a successful bid for oil acreage for a client in the Nigerian/Sao Tome Joint Development zone as well as in The Republic of South Sudan in liaison with a leading oil company operating in Nigeria.
- He led the Bidding, Negotiation and documentation of large ticket real Estate acquisitions in Lagos, Abuja, Port-Harcourt & Sao Tome Principe, collectively valued in excess of 100million (USD).
- He led the conduct of due diligence and legal advice in multi million dollars Aircraft and ship finance transactions.
- He led the processing and procurement of banking license/other required Assets for the establishment of the First Nigerian owned bank in Sao Tome and Principe.
- He managed several high profile insolvency matters including Daily Times Nigeria PLC in liaison with the bank appointed Receiver/Manager.
- He related constantly with and forged good working relationship with various Regulatory Agencies including CBN, NDIC, NSE, and DPR etc.
- He participated actively with Messrs. KPMG as a member of the steering Committee for a proposed merger of 5 Nigerian banks in 2005.
- He successfully administered the company secretariat of a banking group comprising over 5 subsidiaries and associated companies.
- He successfully negotiated the acquisition of an insurance accompany by a bank.
He is a member various bar associations and their sections and committees including, the Nigerian Bar Association, International Bar Association and the Common Wealth Lawyers Association. Eze is founding partner and presently the managing partner of AA.